- This event has passed.
Richard Minsky’s 70th Birthday
September 16, 2017
Please join us in celebrating Richard Minsky’s 70th Birthday
The Center for Book Arts is delighted to invite our members, friends, and artists to join us in celebrating the 70th birthday of Richard Minsky, the founder of the Center. Since 1974, the Center has educated thousands of people through classes and workshops, presented over 500 exhibitions of book art in our galleries, and organized hundreds of lectures, roundtables, readings, and other events. Join us in celebrating Richard’s birthday and this longstanding accomplishment by making a donation to the Center in his honor!
All donors will be invited to a Conversation and Reception with Molly Dotson, Assistant Director, Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library, Yale University, honoring Richard Minsky on December 8, 2017, at 6:30 pm, at The Center for Book Arts.
In addition, anyone donating $250 and above will be invited to join us for a day-trip to Richard’s studio in Hudson, NY, featuring a delicious lunch & studio tour, with round-trip service from New York City, on Saturday September 16, 2017.
View Donor Benefits and links to donate, below.
Upper Level Donor Benefit – Day Trip in the Country!
By making a larger donation to the Center in honor of Richard Minsky, enjoy a special day trip to visit Richard on Saturday, September 16, 2017 at his studio in Hudson, NY:
- For $250, join us for a day-trip to Richard’s studio in Hudson, NY, with lunch, and round-trip travel from NYC, returning in the afternoon, 9am-5pm.
- For $500, enjoy the day-trip, lunch, and travel from NYC, plus a limited edition print, designed and printed by Richard with Barbara Henry on our Washington press.
- For $1,000, enjoy all of the above—day-trip, lunch, travel, and print—plus join guests for an extended day in the country with evening cocktails and dinner at a local gourmet venue, 9am-10:00pm.
- For $2,500, enjoy the above—full day trip, lunch, travel, print, cocktails and dinner—plus signed copies of both The Book Art of Richard Minsky and Richard’s Art of American Book Covers, as well as a signed limited edition print, designed and printed by Richard on the Kelmscott-Goudy Albion at the Cary Collection, Rochester Institute of Technology.
- For $5,000, savor all of the above—full day trip, lunch, travel, book, evening cocktails, dinner, both books and print—plus an intimate dinner with Richard and our guest speaker, Molly Dotson, after the December 8 event at the Center.
Don’t miss out on the celebration! Enjoy a day trip to Hudson on Saturday, September 16 for upper level contributors and a conversation and reception with Molly Dotson of Yale University on December 8 at the Center for everyone.
Support the Center and celebrate Richard Minsky’s legacy!
Your support is crucial to the Center’s success. We thank you and look forward to celebrating with you. If you cannot attend, but would like to make a fully tax-deductible donation to the Center, you may do so on our Contribute page.
$250 Day trip 9am-5pm (lunch and tour of Richard’s studio)
$500 Day trip 9am-5pm (above at $250 plus a limited edition print)
$1000 Extended trip 9am-10pm (above at $500 level plus evening cocktails and dinner)
$2500 Extended trip 9am-10pm (above at $1000 level signed copies of Richard’s books)
$5000 Extended trip 9am-10pm (above at $2500 level plus dinner with Richard and Yale curator Molly Dotson on Dec 8)