- The Center for Book Arts is pleased to continue the Scholarship for Advanced Studies in Book Arts. In 2015, the Center will award two to three scholarships to individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to the artistic endeavors of the book arts. The purpose of this program is to provide opportunities to emerging artists committed to developing careers in the book arts field, and to further the growth of this artistic profession. The award includes a cash stipend plus a materials budget and 24 hour access to the Center’s printing and binding facilities for a full year. Artists also receive a tuition waiver for courses throughout the year, planned in conjunction with the staff. Scholars will be required to complete an artist project by the end of the scholarship period, with an exhibition in our gallery space and public presentation the following autumn.
Artists are invited to submit applications by May 15, 2015. There is no fee to apply.Accepted Document Types: jpgApply Here »
- All artists are welcome to apply for artist membership at The Center for Book Arts. One does not have to be a book artist to apply for artist membership, but must have created work related to the medium of book arts.
In addition to discounts on Center studio rental, classes, workshops, publications, and events, the Center provides Artists Members with special services and opportunities beyond the benefits of their membership category.
Special Artist Member Benefits include:
- A profile page on the Center's Online Artist Registry (www.centerforbookarts.org/artistmember), a resource devoted to artists working in the book format and related media and used by curators, researchers, collectors, writers, and other artists as a reference tool.
- Invitations to have work for sale represented by the Center at art and book fairs, such as the annual New York Art Book Fair, Codex International Book Fair, CUNY Chapfest Bookfair, and more.
- Opportunities to submit works to the Center's member exhibitions, and apply to show recent work in the Center's Featured Artist Project exhibition series.
- Chance to be featured on the Center's blog in our popular Artist Member Interviews series.
- Exclusive bimonthly e-newsletters featuring announcements, resources, calls for entries, and other opportunities of special interest to artists in the book arts field.
As an Artist Member, I give The Center for Book Arts the right to use or reproduce the images and information in my Artist Member Registry file in promoting me and my work, The Center for Book Arts, or the book arts in general, both in print and online at www.centerforbookarts.org.Accepted Document Types: pdf, jpg, gif, tiff, pngApply Here »