Contribute to the 2017 Annual Fund
We are calling on YOU to be an agent of change. Make your gift to the Center for Book Arts’ Annual Fund today!
Use PayPal’s secure online payment system.
Please call (212) 481-0295.
Download and print out the Annual Fund Reply Card, and send with your check or credit card information to:
2017 Annual Fund
The Center for Book Arts
28 West 27th Street 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10001
The Center for Book Arts, Incorporated 1974, is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please note that this contribution to the Center is for general operations and is not an annual membership gift.
Dear Friend of The Center for Book Arts,
The Center for Book Arts is proud to announce we have completed major renovations this spring that offer a more welcoming entrance, exhibition galleries, reference library, and collection study room. We hope that you can visit to see the changes yourself as we continue to upgrade our facilities and strengthen our programs.
Now is a critical time to donate to the Center’s 2017 Annual Fund in order to sustain our work and advance innovative and life-transforming programs:
- Our classes instruct hundreds of people in printing, binding, paper treatment, and fine press publishing, under the guidance of our exceptional artist instructors.
- Our Main Gallery exhibitions and Featured Artist Projects bolster our educational programs and challenge ideas about society and art. Similarly, our artist talks, roundtables, and literary presentations explore the place of the artist and book art in society.
- Our residency programs train artists each year to experiment with book art techniques in their own artistic practice, with the intent of transforming the next generation of artists.
- Our Neighborhood Book Arts Project teaches over 400 underserved New York City youth and senior citizens the joys of making their own art to share their experiences and stories.
- Our college outreach, teaches over 700 students each year about book art, bookmaking, printing, and communication through tours, workshops, and our permanent collection.
To hear people tell in their own words what the Center means to them visit our online collection, “Center Stories” http://centerforbookarts.org/center-stories/
Become an agent of change by supporting our programs with a donation to the 2017 Annual Fund. Every donor will be invited to a December 8 celebration of our founder, Richard Minsky, at 6:30pm with a conversation and reception with Molly Dotson of Yale University and Richard—mark your calendar! By donating now, you are investing directly in the creative process and supporting book arts in our local community at this especially critical time. We cannot continue at the forefront of book art without the help of every friend of the Center.
Return the enclosed card, go online to http://www.centerforbookarts.org or call the Center at 212-481-0295 to make your donation. Your support of the Center is an investment in current and future generations of book arts practitioners. Thank you in advance for helping the Center continue to be a vital and enduring influence!
Stephen Bury Richard Grosbard Alexander Campos
Chair, Board of Directors Chair, Development Committee Executive Director