This collection, published as a series of studies on the history of bookbinding, sets a high standard for interesting and groundbreaking scholarship in the history of the book. Extensively illustrated, with an additional DVD containing more text and images.
- Cathleen A. Baker: Examination and Image-Capturing Techniques
- Thomas E. Conroy: Binding at Midcentury: The Rivers of America Competition of 1946
- Thomas E. Conroy: Bio-Bibliographical List of Individual Bookbinders (on DVD)
- Jim Croft: Finding Suitable Wood for Book Boards and Related Considerations (also on DVD)
- Julia Miller: Puzzle Me This: Early Binding Fragments in the Papyrology Collection of the University of Michigan Library (additional images on DVD)
- Rosa Scobey Moore: Finding Identity on the Endpapers: Folk Traditions of Writing and Drawing in Books
- Pamela J. Spitzmueller: A Visual Dictionary of Traditional Long- and Linkstitch Bookbinding Terminology