In this intense workshop of serious fun, we will explore unique methods of creating paper cuts that can be worn. Students will design compositions and discover papercutting skills to make paper dimensional with basic pop-up and paper-sculpture techniques. Adaptation to other materials, such as glass or metal are discussed. Tips, tricks and resources will be provided. All levels of experience are welcome.
This workshop is limited to 30 seats.
- cutting mats
- utility knife and blades (like exacto with blade 11)
- safety pins
- any paper, Tyvek, rolls of craft papers, cardstock
- recycled materials: cereals boxes, magazines, wall paper, used USPS, UPS, or FedEx envelopes
- any materials like plastic, fibers, rubber, carpet
- any art supplies you already have
If you cannot comfortably pay tuition but are interested in taking this class, please consider filling out our financial assistance application here. This application should be completed three weeks before the workshop’s start date.
All images courtesy of the instructor.