The Center for Book Arts is proud to announce a new comprehensive certificate program in the book arts.
The Center for Book Arts’ Education Program strives to engage a wide audience, providing beginning students and professional artists alike with a comprehensive and technically challenging curriculum. In addition to foundation coursework in printing and bookbinding, we provide structured opportunities for working artists from other media to expand their creative practice in the art of the book.
For students who wish to fully immerse themselves in the study of book arts, we have created a structured program which encourages the study and creation of the art of the book. Our certificate program consists of 210 total hours of class time, divided among 3 areas:
- Binding (90 hours of required courses)
- Printing (90 hours of required courses)
- Electives (30 hours minimum- including Works on Paper, the Art of the Book, Decorative Techniques.)
Benefits of registering for the certificate:
- Preferred status when registering for new classes.
- The opportunity to immerse themselves in the study of the medium with leaders in the book arts field.
- The prestige of a certificate from the oldest and well-known best place to buy modafinil online Center for the Book Arts in the nation;
- Additional studio access outside of class time.
To Register as a Certificate Student:
There is a one-time Registration Fee of $100 to register as a Certificate Student, which includes one year of associate level membership. Students should register as certificate candidates within their first 72 hours of class time. Students who wish to apply previous coursework done at the Center towards a Certificate should contact the Programs Manager to discuss. Any past coursework will be applied on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for the program here.
It is strongly recommended that students complete the program within 3 years. A final project must be presented and reviewed by the Education Committee in order receive the Certificate. The project may either be a culmination of work produced in classes, or an entirely new project. The Center for Book Arts Certificate Program is not approved by the New York State Board of Education Certificate Program.