This workshop takes place across two sessions:
- Wed, Feb 10, 6–8pm ET
- Wed, Feb 17, 6–8pm ET
Students will sensitize themselves to color so that they can manipulate it to create the illusion of traveling, over, under and through other shapes. Using the concepts found in Joseph Albers book, The Interaction of Color, we will use found papers and make our own, to create compositions in which color moves the eye.
- A range of solid color colored papers – light and dark
- Several sheets of card stock as mounting paper – no larger than 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Glue (can be glue stick)
- Acrylic paints and/or watercolor and/or pastels/colored pencils
- Small pieces of watercolor papers that students can apply color to
- (Grain direction is not important)
About the Instructor
Roni Gross is a book artist whose work is in the collections of The Library of Congress, Harvard, Yale and many other public and private collections. She runs Z’roah Press which produces limited edition sculptural books.
All images courtesy of the instructor.
In order to best serve our community near and far, many of our online classes are pay-what-you-can. While each class has a suggested price, we wish to make our educational programming as economically accessible as possible as well as to make sure our students feel fulfilled in their creative processes outside of the studio. The amount you choose to pay goes directly toward our instructors and toward creating scholarship opportunities for the future.