Center for Book Arts seeks an Education Intern for Winter 2023 (January–March).
- Monitor front-facing email inbox, forward inquiries and respond as necessary
- Draft weekly email blast promoting upcoming workshops; monitor online engagement and prioritize workshops/events for promotion.
- Send confirmation and follow-up emails to students and instructors for all workshops.
- Create 4–5 social media posts per week promoting upcoming workshops and classes; develop targeted marketing strategies for our audiences.
- Monitor enrollment in workshops and assist in updating and tracking enrollment and revenue numbers.
- serve as a representative of Center for Book Arts at our front desk entrance area, engage with visitors, artists in residence, studio renters, and the general public, share information about Center for Book Arts and make sales from our bookshop.
Skills & Qualifications
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated undergraduate in Education, Arts Education, Book Arts, or related discipline. Internships for course credit can be discussed.
- Interest and/or experience in arts nonprofit administration, art education, and book arts.
- Familiarity with bookbinding or printmaking processes a plus; desire to learn these a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge/experience of working with project management platforms, marketing systems including Buffer and/or Constant Contact, and marketing via social media and email. Desire to learn these skills/gain experience in this area a plus.
- One to two days per week
- Winter internship will start in early to mid-January and end in late March.
- Please note that this internship will take place in-person at Center for Book Arts.
- This internship is unpaid
- Interns receive 25% off classes and our bookshop and can exchange volunteer hours for studio time.
- The internship may qualify for academic credit if desired. If taken for academic credit the student must arrange details with the home academic institution.
- Interns are responsible for securing their own housing and transportation.
To apply please email a brief cover letter and resume to Caroline Wood, Educational Programs Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate any days of availability in your email.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until December 1, 2022. We expect to notify candidates by December 31, 2022.
Please disregard the registration option.